top of page

Atlanta Margarita + Taco Festival Group

Public·28 members
Tina Jenkins
Tina Jenkins

Johnny Rays Lemon Pie Recipe

Mel, I love your recipes and this is one of my favorites. It is sweet and tangy. I made it a while back and used it on baked tofu for my vegetarian daughter and we both loved it. I am making it again and will freeze some so I have it ready whenever I want to use it. I think I will freeze it in ice cube trays. Hopefully this will not make later batches of ice cubes taste weird.

johnny rays lemon pie recipe

Below you'll find my Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing Mix that copies the instant dressing mix you buy in the .7-ounce packets. When added to vinegar, water, and oil, you get one of the best-tasting instant salad dressings around. But what if you can't find the stuff, or it is no longer sold in your area, as I've heard is the case in some cities? Or maybe you just want to save a little money by making your own? Use my recipe below to make as much dry mix as you want, and save it for when you need instant salad satisfaction. I used McCormick lemon pepper in the recipe here because it contains lemon juice solids that help duplicate the taste of the sodium citrate and citric acid in the real thing. The dry pectin, which can be found near the canning supplies in your supermarket, is used as a thickener, much like the xanthan gum in the original product.

The name alone is worth reviving, yet this old-school Colonial dessert has fallen out of fashion. That needs to change. A delicious end to a full meal, syllabub is a light, airy blend of fortified wine, cream, and lemon. While earlier recipes, notably one from The Carolina Housewife (1847), contained more alcohol, ours has been tamed to suit modern tastes. Click here for recipe. 076b4e4f54

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page